Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2023

55. LAst Armour Coins I Ever Grade ?

 

Seems like forever since I wrote the last blog. It's not that I lost interest, I just ran out of new armour coin info to talk about. 

I finally broke down and sent in my 1955 correct Mantle Black      (L or R) which I obtained to complete my 1955 set in "midnight black" and my prize 1955 "Cappo-de-tuti-capo" Mantle correct GOLD. 

The good news is PSA graded them in a few weeks...the bad news is that they have just raised the price to $75 each. 

I guess PSA just does not want to grade coins /pins any more. I mean who would send in a 1955 Vernon and get it graded for $75 unless you were sure it was a PSA 10 ?

Thus the question...Are these the last 2 Armour coins I ever grade ?? Probably unless something really special comes up. 


                                              CAPPO-DI-TUTI-CAPO




the last required coin for my complete midnight black set "42nd St"

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
    I have a large collection of items related to the career of Bob Cerv. I have only managed to collect four colors of Bob's 1959 Armour Coin (blue, red, green, and orange).
    Your blog has me motivated to begin searching for more colors.
    Thanks for all of the great info.
    I look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete