Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2018

44. Reviewing 1955 Armour Coin Colors


 

Several of you have requested I try to come up with a complete chart of 1955 colors as I did for 1959 colors in the last blog. While all of these colors have been discussed in previous blogs, I have now tried to get all the colors into one chart like my 1959 chart.
I won't go into a lot of discussion on this. By now you know that the common colors for 1955 are Red, orange, lemon yellow, pale green, navy blue and aqua.
 
Certainly the rarest colors include peach, gold, silver, yellow/green (also at times called olive green), tan, sky blue and Wisconsin blue. Hope this is some help to my interested readers
 

Some might catch that I have left out what I have called "dark red transparent"...that's because it is so hard to show this color as a picture that clearly identifies it. It looks just like dr red (especially in EBay pis) . Those that have one know it...when you hold it up to the light you clearly see the individual red pigment particles in the coin. I  currently have 11 different examples of this color so it is real. The only other color I have ever seen like this is one example of navy blue which is Antonelli N.Y....
 
If I have missed any colors let me know...
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment